This Week in Georgia Beer | March 17-23, 2017
This Week on Beer Guys Radio
We’re chatting with Topgolf, Reformation, and Jekyll! This week we’re on the road at Topgolf Alpharetta talking about their golf leagues and craft beer selection. We’re also joined Jekyll Brewing to share some information about their expanded brewery and taproom renovation and Reformation shares some info on their latest beer release and upcoming events.
Next week we’ll be at Topgolf Midtown talking Spring beers! Our road trip continues with a stop at Topgolf’s second Atlanta area location in Midtown. We’ll be joined by Ale Sharpton and we’ll share some info on seasonal Spring brews, perfect for pairing with a round of golf.
Listen to Beer Guys Radio every Saturday in Atlanta at 1:00 PM Eastern on AM 920 or Sunday at 6:00 AM on Biz 1190. If you’re in Alabama you can catch the show live at 1:00 PM Central on 92.9 FM / 1450 AM in Huntsville or 94.7 FM / 1490 AM in Decatur We’re also streaming live on our website, iHeartRadio, or TuneIn. Can’t catch the live show? That’s cool, we’ve got you covered. All past shows are available on-demand on our site or your favorite podcasting app.
SB 85 UPDATE: The bill passed the House this week and is on its way back to the Senate for approval. There’s no date set for the Senate vote but it will be a simple agree/disagree vote. Once passed in the Senate it will go to the Governor for a signature. For more info see our full coverage of SB 85 here.
GEORGIA BEER EVENTS
Check out our Beer Events Calendar for a full list of what’s happening across Georgia and Alabama.
Friday | March 17th | St. Patrick’s Day!
- St. Patrick’s Outdoor Block Party | 12:00 – 11:00 PM | Fado’s (Atlanta)
- St. Patrick’s Day | Steinbeck’s (Atlanta) | Runs through 5:00 PM on 03/18
- St. Patrick’s Weekend Celebration | Cherry Street (Cumming) | Runs through 03/18
- 1 Year Anniversary and St. Patrick’s Day | 5:00 PM | Naughty Soda (Marietta) | Runs through 10:00 PM on 03/18
- Summit’s St. Patrick’s Day | 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM | Summit’s (Snellville)
- Wicked Weed Tap Takeover | 12:00 – 8:00 PM | Peachtree Growler Co. (Peachtree Corners)
- St. Patty’s at Terrapin | 1:00 – 7:30 PM | Terrapin Beer Co. (Athens)
- St. Paddy’s Day at Brick Store Pub | 4:00 – 11:00 PM | Brick Store Pub (Atlanta)
- St. Paddy’s Day at SBC | 4:30 – 9:00 PM | Southern Brewing Co. (Athens)
- 2nd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Party | 5:00 – 8:30 PM | Southern Sky (Kennesaw)
- St. Paddy’s Day at Gate City | 5:00 – 10:00 PM | Gatey City (Roswell)
- Paul’s Day | 6:00 – 9:30 PM | Reformation (Woodstock)
- Second Self St. Patrick’s Day Celebration | 6:00 – 9:00 PM | Second Self (Atlanta)
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and Downtown Block Party with Wild Leap | 6:00 – 10:00 PM | Downtown LaGrange (LaGrange)
Saturday | March 18th
- Omaha Brewing St. Patrick’s Day Celebration | 1:00 – 9:00 PM | Omaha Brewing Co. (Omaha)
- Queen’s Weiss Release | 1:00 – 6:00 PM | Arches Brewing (Hapeville)
- St. PAWtrick’s Day | 1:00 – 6:00 PM | Abide Brewing (Newnan)
- Suwanee Beer Fest | 1:00 – 5:00 PM | Town Center Park (Suwanee)
You can still use code BeerGuysRadio to get Early Bird pricing of $45 on tickets!
Sunday | March 19th
- Sunday Funday | 12:30 – 10:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
- The People’s Bazaar | 1:00 – 5:00 PM | Orpheus (Atlanta)
Monday | March 20th
- Spring Fling at Second Self | 6:00 – 8:00 PM | Second Self (Atlanta)
Tuesday | March 21st
- Lose Your Inhibition Writing Class | 6:00 – 8:00 PM | Three Taverns (Decatur)
Wednesday | March 22nd
- One-Off Wednesday | 5:00 – 8:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
- Science of Sour Beer | 6:00 – 8:00 PM | Orpheus (Atlanta)
- Woodstock Spring Cornhole Leagues | 6:45 – 9:00 PM | Truck & Tap (Woodstock)
- Trivia Night | 8:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Thursday | March 23rd
- Pi(e)nt Night | 6:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Next weekend come hang with the Beer Guys crew at Tinyapalooza at Lincoln Fill Station, sip some brews at Roswell Beer Fest, check out the year-round launch of Red Hare’s SPF 50/50, or celebrate Urban Tree’s one year anniversary.
Georgia Craft Beer
- Arches Queen’s Weiss | Hefeweizen
- Blue Tarp All I Want For My Birthday is a Big Booty Baltic | Baltic Porter
- Blue Tarp Juicin’ | IPA
- SweetWater Dank Tank Wookie Down | Imperial Red Ale
- Terrapin T-Time | Berliner Weisse with tea and lemon
- Three Taverns Gozzah! | Gose
Future / Planned Georgia Releases
- Coastal Empire Passionfruit Sour Pale | Sour Pale Ale
- Fannin Spring Flowers | Saison
- Left Nut American Obsession | Pale Ale
- Left Nut The Lapland Blonde | Blonde Ale
- Second Self MIG: Margarita in Gose | Gose brewed with spices
Non-Georgia Craft Beer
- Anderson Valley Gatlin Damnosus | Barrel-aged Sour Barleywine
- Ballast Point Sea Rose | Tart Cherry Wheat Ale
- Blue Pants Imperial IPA | Imperial IPA | New brewery to Georgia!
- Burial Fall of the Rebel Angels | Blended Saison
- Left Hand Well Played | Red IPA
- Smuttynose Blackberry Short Weisse | Berliner Weisse
- Smuttynose Cherry Short Weisse | Berliner Weisse
- Westbrook Siberian Black Magic Panther | Imperial Stout (more drops)