This Week in Georgia Beer | Jan. 5-11, 2018
This Week on Beer Guys Radio
Homebrewing with Brothers That Brew and Khonso Brewing. William, Kevin, and Corby from Brothers That Brew will join us to talk homebrewing, share some brewing tips, and share some info on their brewery in planning, Khonso Brewing Co.
Next Week… Second Helping beer launch with SweetWater and The Giving Kitchen. The annual Second Helping campaign is kicking off with the latest version of their IPA. We’ll talk about the beer and the mission of The Giving Kitchen and catch up with local beer and food journalist Bob Townsend.
LISTEN TO BEER GUYS RADIO every Saturday in Atlanta at 1:00 PM Eastern on AM 920 or Sunday at 6:00 AM on Biz 1190. Outside of Atlanta? Check our website for a full list of affiliates. We’re also streaming live on our website, iHeartRadio, Spotify, or TuneIn. Can’t catch the live show? That’s cool, we’ve got you covered. All past shows are available on-demand on our site or your favorite podcasting app.
GEORGIA CRAFT BEER EVENTS
Check out our Beer Events Calendar for a full list of what’s happening across Georgia and Alabama.
Friday | January 5th
- Beer Guys Radio Live Taping with SweetWater and The Giving Kitchen | 6:00 – 7:00 PM | SweetWater Brewing (Atlanta)
Saturday | January 6th
- Eventide Brewing Turns 4 | 2:00 – 6:00 PM | Eventide Brewing (Atlanta)
- Falcons vs. Rams Wild Card Viewing Party | 8:00 – 11:00 PM | Jekyll Brewing (Alpharetta)
- Atlanta vs. Los Angeles Viewing Party | 8:15 – 11:15 PM | Monday Night Garage (Atlanta)
Sunday | January 7th
- VBC + T&M Midmorning Food Pairing | 12:30 – 7:00 PM | Variant Brewing (Roswell)
- 10 Years of Tasting at Terrapin | 12:30 – 6:00 PM | Terrapin Beer Co. (Athens)
- Closing Reception + ‘Take Down the Show’ Art Sale | 1:00 – 4:00 PM | Creature Comforts (Athens)
Monday | January 8th | NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP DAY!
- Many other bars and breweries may be hosting events, check social media for updates.
- New Realm Brewing Opening Day
- All-Day Tailgate and Watch Party | 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM | Truck & Tap (Woodstock)
- Summits University | 7:00 PM | Summit’s (Cumming)
- AL vs GA Watch Party | 7:30 PM | Variant Brewing (Roswell)
- National Championship Viewing Party | Jekyll Brewing (Alpharetta)
- Georgia vs. Alabama Viewing Party | 8:00 – 11:00 PM | Monday Night Westside & Garage (Atlanta)
Tuesday | January 9th
- Brides & Brews | 6:30 – 8:30 PM | Second Self (Atlanta)
Wednesday | January 10th
- One-Off Wednesday | 5:00 – 8:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
- Tacos & Trivia | 5:00 – 9:00 PM | Reformation (Woodstock)
- Pet Photo Shoot Fundraiser for PAWS Atlanta | 6:00 – 9:00 PM | Wild Heaven Beer (Decatur)
- Team Trivia | 8:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Thursday | January 11th
- Local Pint Night | 4:00 PM | Craft Public House (Athens)
- Soul of the City Release | 4:00 – 9:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
Pontoon hosts their official Grand Opening weekend with a LIVE OTTER appearance on Sunday and Second Self gets geeky with their Triforce beer release.
Beers marked with a * are from breweries owned by AB Inbev, MillerCoors, or other “Big Beer” corporations.
Georgia Craft Beer
- Creature Comforts Duende | DIPA
- Creature Comforts Wheeler’s Drum | Oatmeal Stout
- Red Brick Soul of the City | American Pale Ale
- Southbound Joker and the Thief | IPA with passion fruit
- SweetWater Second Helping | IPA brewed with juniper berries
- *Terrapin Raspberry Truffle W-n-B | Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout
- Monday Night Brewing I’m On a Boat | Golden Ale
- Reformation Elm Street IPA | American IPA (Brewery only. Jan. 12th)
- Service Brewing Husk and Service, Southern Grown | Pale Ale with honey, tangerine, and turmeric
- Wild Heaven / Cigar City Southern Symphony | Barrel-aged Brett Beer with native Georgia grapes
Non-Local Craft Beer Releases
- Almanac Dogpatch Currant | Sour Red Ale aged in wine barrels with black currant
- Almanac Farmer’s Reserve Blackberry | Sour Blonde Ale aged in wine barrels with blackberries
- Almanac Lavender Honey Brett Saison | Oak aged Brett Saison
- Almanac Splendid Population | Imperial Sour Blonde with muscat, peaches, nectarines, and vanilla beans aged in wine barrels
- Almanac Strawberry & Basil | Sour Ale aged in oak barrels
- American Solera Cranbarrel | Sour Ale aged in oak barrels with cranberries
- American Solera Grissettstone | Dry-hopped Grisette
- Central State Lazer Raptor | Sour Ale with cranberry, lime, and sea salt
- Central State Brewing Oatsplosion | IPA with oats
- Central State Thunderbolt | DDH DIPA
- Central State Brewing / 8th Day Distillery King Billy | Farmhouse Ale with juniper, lemon, grapefruit, coriander, and ginger
- Hi-Wire 10W-40 | Imperial Stout with chocolate and vanilla
- New Holland Dragon’s Milk Salted Caramel | Bourbon barrel-aged Stout
- Rogue Straight Outta Newport… Oregon | West Coast IPA