This Week in Georgia Beer | Sept. 15-21, 2017
This Week on Beer Guys Radio
This week we’re talking with Green Bus Brewing. Co-founder and brewmaster Jason Sledd joined us this week to talk about his small brewery in Downtown Huntsville and why he chooses to serve most of his beer on-site with no plans for distribution.
Due to Hurricane Irma, Chattabrewchee Southern Brewhouse will be scheduled for a future episode. Owner Mike Denehy is a first responder and is currently in Tampa assisting with their needs after the hurricane. Thanks for your service, Mike!
Next week we’re on location at Your Pie Perimeter talking with Eventide! Come join us at Your Pie Perimeter next Thursday at 6:00 PM for a live taping of the show. We’ll be chatting with the folks at Eventide Brewing and enjoying $3.14 pints of The A IPA.
Listen to Beer Guys Radio every Saturday in Atlanta at 1:00 PM Eastern on AM 920 or Sunday at 6:00 AM on Biz 1190. If you’re in Alabama you can catch the show live at 1:00 PM Central on 92.9 FM / 1450 AM in Huntsville or 94.7 FM / 1490 AM in Decatur We’re also streaming live on our website, iHeartRadio, or TuneIn. Can’t catch the live show? That’s cool, we’ve got you covered. All past shows are available on-demand on our site or your favorite podcasting app.
GEORGIA CRAFT BEER EVENTS
Check out our Beer Events Calendar for a full list of what’s happening across Georgia and Alabama.
Friday | September 15th
- Shelton Fest: Session 10 – The Aftermath | 11:00 – 12:00 AM | My Parents’ Basement (Avondale Estates)
- Cherry Street Shutdown Stout Bottle Release | 12:00 PM – 12:00 AM | Cherry Street (Cumming)
- Duende 16oz Can Release | 1:00 – 10:00 PM | Creature Comforts (Athens)
- Official Debut of Queen’s Weiss Cans | 4:00 – 8:00 PM | Arches Brewing (Hapeville)
- Slow Pour Brewing Co. Opening | 5:00 – 10:00 PM | Slow Pour Brewing (Lawrenceville)
- The Southern Beer Mile | 6:00 – 9:00 PM | The Southern Brewing Co. (Athens)
Saturday | September 16th
- BeeCraft Mead Company Opening | 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM | BeeCraft Mead Co. (Dawsonville)
- Scofflaw One Year Anniversary | 12:00 – 8:00 PM | Scofflaw (Atlanta)
- Cupcakes & Beer Pairings | 4:00 – 9:00 PM | Ironmonger Brewing (Marietta)
- Rhythm & Brews Festival | 6:00 – 10:00 PM | Sandy Creek Barn (Greensboro)
- Bark ‘n Brew | 7:00 – 10:00 PM | SweetWater Brewery (Atlanta)
Sunday | September 17th
- CANCELED | Southern Sky’s Oktoberfest
- Southern Surf StompFest Afterparty! | 2:00 – 6:00 PM | Burnt Hickory Brewery (Kennesaw)
Monday | September 18th
- National Cheeseburger Day – Cadence Burger | 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM | Freight Kitchen & Tap (Woodstock)
Tuesday | September 19th
- Alesmith Comes to Georgia | 5:00 – 9:00 PM | Smyrna Beer Market (Smyrna)
- Wild Leap Atlanta Launch – Alpharetta | 5:30 – 7:30 PM | Barleygarden (Alpharetta)
- Wild Leap Atlanta Launch | 5:30 – 7:30 PM | Hop City Westside (Atlanta)
- Live At Piedmont Brewery & Kitchen | 7:00 – 9:00 PM | Piedmont Brewery & Kitchen (Macon)
Wednesday | September 20th
- One-Off Wednesday | 5:00 – 8:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
- Tacos & Trivia | 5:00 – 9:00 PM | Reformation (Woodstock)
- Alesmith Launch & Tasting | 5:30 – 7:30 PM | Hop City Westside (Atlanta)
- Team Trivia | 8:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Thursday | September 14th
- Local Pint Night | 4:00 PM | Craft Public House (Athens)
- Eventide Pi(e)nt Night Extravaganza | 6:00 – 10:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta) | BEER GUYS RADIO LIVE REMOTE!
Next weekend get ready for the Grand Opening of Monday Night’s Garage and Wild Leap Brew Co, stroll through the tombstones at Malts & Vaults in Oakland Cemetery, or go on a Sippin’ Safari at Zoo Atlanta.
Beers marked with a * are from breweries owned by AB Inbev, MillerCoors, or other “Big Beer” corporations.
Georgia Craft Beer
- Arches Queen’s Weisse cans | Hefeweizen
- Creature Comforts Duende | DIPA (Draft and 16 oz cans)
- Red Hare Funky Whabbit Wheat | Sour Wheat Ale with apricots, peaches, and gooseberries
- Three Taverns Quasimodo | Belgian Quad
- *Terrapin Raspberry Truffle W-n-B | Coffee Oatmeal Stout with raspberries and chocolate
Non-Local Craft Beer Releases
- Alesmith Grand Cru | Dark Belgian Ale
- Alesmith IPA | IPA
- Alesmith Old Numbskull | Hoppy American Barleywine
- Alesmith Wee Heavy | Scotch Ale / Wee Heavy
- Alesmith Speedway Stout | Coffee Stout
- Avery Chai High | Brown Ale with spiced chai tea
- Blackberry Farm Peel Your Face | Orange IPA
- Bell’s Double Cream Stout | Umm… Double Cream Stout
- Great Divide Hoss | Oktoberfest Lager
- Hi-Wire Southern Hemisphere | IPA
- Lagunitas Sakitumi | DIPA with sake yeast and rice
- Red Cypress Carl | NE IPA
- Red Cypress Devil’s Chair | IPA
- Red Cypress Foret Sauvage | Barrel-aged Saison with Brett
- Red Cypress The Shape of Lager to Come | Dry Hopped Pale Lager
- Victory Festbier | Oktoberfest Amber Lager
WHAT’S IN OUR GLASS