Episode 88 – A New Era in Georgia Beer
A historic show this week.
Finally, direct sales are here. That’s right, you can actually go into a Georgia brewery and actually buy their product! To celebrate, we talked to Nancy Palmer, Executive Director of the Georgia Craft Brewers Guild and Taylor Harper of Taylor, Feil, Harper, Lumsden & Hess (aka “The Georgia Craft Beer Lawyer”). They joined us in studio to talk about the fight to get to this point and what’s in store for the future.
Truck and Tap‘s Beers of the week:
Some amazing brews, including:
- Creature Comforts Athena Paradiso with Passionfruit and Guava
- Reformation Barrel-Aged Jude
- Red Brick Vanilla Gorilla
- Creature Comforts/Arizona Wildwerness/Boulevard Collaboration
- Red Brick Red Wine Barrel Aged Beard Envy
- Creature Comforts Existence
- Dogwood Brewing Company (Yes, THAT Dogwood) Winter Ale
Headlines (sponsored by Your Pie Perimeter):
Hurricane Harvey affects Texas. Gainesville A-B facility cans water for relief effort.So does Oskar Blues.
Jekyll’s Michael Lundmark named the Greater N. Fulton Chamber of Commerce’s 2017 Small Businessperson of the Year award.
Jekyll is collecting donations to take a truckload of goods to Houston, details on socials
Next week we’re talking to From the Earth Brewing! Soon to be one of Georgia’s newest brewpubs, From the Earth is finishing their build out in Roswell. Founder Tim Stevens will join us to talk about the process so far and what to expect when the taps start flowing.