This Week in Georgia Beer | August 25-31, 2017
This Week on Beer Guys Radio
We’re talking North Alabama Beer History. Sarah Bélanger joined us in the studio and her co-author Kamara Bowling Davis joined us on the Ale Line to talk Alabama beer history and the release of their book, North Alabama Beer: An Intoxicating History. We talk about the importance of alcohol to early settlers, the growth of the Temperance movement and eventual prohibition, as well as the growth and changes in Alabama beer after prohibition was repealed.
Next week we’re talking DIRECT SALES IN GEORGIA! What a time to be alive. Finally, direct sales are coming to Georgia’s breweries starting Sept. 1st. Nancy Palmer, Executive Director of the Georgia Craft Brewers Guild and Taylor Harper, “The Georgia Craft Beer Lawyer” will join us in the studio to talk about the fight to get to this point and what’s in store for the future.
Listen to Beer Guys Radio every Saturday in Atlanta at 1:00 PM Eastern on AM 920 or Sunday at 6:00 AM on Biz 1190. If you’re in Alabama you can catch the show live at 1:00 PM Central on 92.9 FM / 1450 AM in Huntsville or 94.7 FM / 1490 AM in Decatur We’re also streaming live on our website, iHeartRadio, or TuneIn. Can’t catch the live show? That’s cool, we’ve got you covered. All past shows are available on-demand on our site or your favorite podcasting app.
GEORGIA BEER EVENTS
Check out our Beer Events Calendar for a full list of what’s happening across Georgia and Alabama.
Saturday | August 26th
- Ale Roswell | 1:00 – 4:00 PM | Peach & the Porkchop (Roswell)
- 14th Annual German Bierfest | 2:00 – 7:00 PM | Woodruff Park (Atlanta)
- Red Hare’s 6th Anniversary Party | 2:00 – 6:00 PM | Red Hare (Marietta)
- 2017 Macon Beer Fest | 3:00 – 7:00 PM | Downtown Macon – 3rd & Poplar (Macon)
- Best of Georgia Craft Beer Fest | 5:00 – 8:00 PM | Sugar Hill City Park Amphitheater (Sugar Hill)
Sunday | August 27th
- Orphism #14 | 12:30 – 5:30 PM | Orpheus (Atlanta)
- Sunday Funday | 12:30 – 10:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Monday | August 28th
- Cornhole ATL at Gate City Brewing | 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM | Gate City (Roswell)
Tuesday | August 29th
- OBC Brushes & Brews Oil Painting | 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM | Oconee Brewing Company (Greensboro)
Wednesday | August 30th
- One-Off Wednesday | 5:00 – 8:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
- Tacos & Trivia | 5:00 – 9:00 PM | Reformation (Woodstock)
- Team Trivia | 8:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Thursday | August 31st
- Local Pint Night | 4:00 PM | Craft Public House (Athens)
- Goodbye Tours, Hello Pours | 5:00 – 9:00 PM | The Southern Brewing Co. (Athens)
- Beer Guys Radio Live Chat | 6:00 PM | Facebook.com/BeerGuysRadio | Direct Sales in Georgia!
- Blackberry Farm Beer Dinner | 6:30 – 9:30 PM | One Eared Stag (Atlanta)
- Brewer’s Lecture Series | Abbey of the Holy Goats | 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Hop City Westside (Atlanta)
- Happy New Beer! | 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM | Eventide Brewing (Atlanta)
- Burnt Hickory SB85 Midnight Party | Midnight – 1:00 AM (Actually Friday morning) | Burnt Hickory Brewery (Kennesaw)
I ain’t even talking about anything else… get yourselves ready for the awesome events coming up at Georgia’s breweries. Buy a taster, buy a pint, buy a case to take home. Awwww yeahhh….
Beers marked with a * are from breweries owned by AB Inbev, MillerCoors, or other “Big Beer” corporations.
Georgia Craft Beer
- Printer’s Ale Mfg. Monoprint Oktoberfest | Oktoberfest
- Three Taverns Sour Asylum Basileus cans | Sour Ale with basil and cucumber (Brewery-only)
- Coastal Empire Delta. India. Papa. Alpha. Niner. | DIPA?
- Coastal Empire Cranberry Pineapple Gose | Tart Ale with cranberry and pineapple
- Omaha 7.62 | Imperial Brown Ale with toasted coconut
Non-Local Craft Beer Releases
- Birds Fly South Brand New Eyes | Blended Farmhouse
- Birds Fly South Rumble Fish | Tropical Farmhouse Ale
- Birds Fly South Rustic Sunday | Blended Rye Farmhouse
- Carolina Bauerhaus Feral Barrel Raspberry | Dark Wild Ale with raspberries and cherries
- Carolina Bauerhaus Kuninglin | Dry Hopped Sour
- Drie Fonteinen Cuvee Armand & Gaston | Gueuze
- Drie Fonteinen Kriek | Lambic – Kriek
- Founders Mosaic Promise | IPA
- Moody Tongue Black Truffle Pilsner | Pilsner with shaved black truffles