Episode 108 – Macon Beer Company
Yash Patel first started brewing at age 13.
While his dad was pretty happy about that, mom…not so much. However, since the brewing bug hit him quickly, he has spent a lot of time brewing beer. So it only made sense for him to take over ownership of Macon Beer company, central Georgia’s first craft brewery.
We talk to Yash, a native Maconite, about his beers, the growing craft beer scene in Macon, and his ideas behind brewing beer.
Truck and Tap’s Beers of the Week:
- New Realm Radegast
- Monday Night Whirling Dervish
- Johns Creek Now Allows Breweries to Sell Beer
- Terrapin’s Luau Krunkles to be a Year Round Beer in 2018
- The International Herb Association Recognizes Hops as Herb of the Year
- Beer Can Appreciation Day is Coming
- Amazon Alexa Has a Favorite Beer and She is Wrong
Coming up next week, we’re broadcasting from the Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting. Have a great week, and don’t forget to DRINK LOCAL. Cheers!