This Week in Georgia Beer | Dec. 29, 2017 – Jan. 4, 2018
This Week on Beer Guys Radio
THIS WEEK WE ANNOUNCE THE BEST OF GEORGIA AND ALABAMA BEER! Voting was close in many categories, and there were a few surprises. Tune in to this week’s show as we reveal the winners of our 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards.
NEXT WEEK WE’RE TALKING HOMEBREWING WITH BROTHERS THAT BREW! William, Kevin, and Corby from Brothers That Brew will join us to talk homebrewing, share some brewing tips, and share some info on their brewery in planning, Khonso Brewing Co.
LISTEN TO BEER GUYS RADIO every Saturday in Atlanta at 1:00 PM Eastern on AM 920 or Sunday at 6:00 AM on Biz 1190. Outside of Atlanta? Check our website for a full list of affiliates. We’re also streaming live on our website, iHeartRadio, Spotify, or TuneIn. Can’t catch the live show? That’s cool, we’ve got you covered. All past shows are available on-demand on our site or your favorite podcasting app.
GEORGIA CRAFT BEER EVENTS
Check out our Beer Events Calendar for a full list of what’s happening across Georgia and Alabama.
Saturday | December 30th
- Drain the Tank Party | 12:00 – 11:00 PM | Slice & Pint (Atlanta) – LAST DAY IN BUSINESS!
- Bacon Day at Southern Sky Brewing | 2:30 – 10:00 PM | Southern Sky Brewing (Kennesaw)
Sunday | December 31st
- New Beer’s Eve + New Beer’s Day | 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM | Akademia (Athens)
- Dry County New Year’s Eve Bash | 2:00 PM – 1:00 AM | Dry County Brewing Co. (Kennesaw)
- New Years Eve Bash | 5:00 PM – 1:00 AM | Slow Pour Brewing Co. (Lawrenceville)
- A Brew Year’s Eve | 7:00 PM – 1:00 AM | Truck & Tap (Alpharetta)
- Beers and New Years’ | 7:00 PM – 1:00 AM | Macon Beer Co. (Macon)
- Brew Year’s Eve at Wild Leap | 8:00 PM – 1:00 AM | Wild Leap (LaGrange)
- New Year’s Eve At Twain’s | 8:00 PM – 1:00 AM | Twain’s (Decatur)
- New Year’s Eve Celebration | 8:00 PM – 1:00 AM | Chattabrewchee Southern Brewhouse (West Point)
- Brew Year’s Eve at Pontoon Brewing | 8:30 PM – 1:30 AM | Pontoon Brewing (Sandy Springs)
- New Year’s Eve Bash | 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM | Cypress Street Pint & Plate (Atlanta)
- FTE New Years Eve – Get Down | 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM | From the Earth Brewing (Roswell)
Monday | January 1st
- New Year’s Day Hangover Party | 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Treehorn Cider (Marietta)
- Bowl Game Watch Party | 12:00 – 11:00 PM | Pontoon Brewing (Sandy Springs)
Wednesday | January 3rd
- One-Off Wednesday | 5:00 – 8:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
- Tacos & Trivia | 5:00 – 9:00 PM | Reformation (Woodstock)
- Team Trivia | 8:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Thursday | January 4th
- Local Pint Night | 4:00 PM | Craft Public House (Athens)
SweetWater releases their latest Second Helping and Beer Guys Radio invades the taproom for a show taping, Scofflaw takes over the taps at Lincoln Fill Station, another Cinco de Siberius at Wrecking Bar, and Eventide Brewing turns 4.
Beers marked with a * are from breweries owned by AB Inbev, MillerCoors, or other “Big Beer” corporations.
Georgia Craft Beer
- Good Word Bebop | ESB
- Good Word Never Sleep | IPA
- Second Self Bleeding Heart | Red Velvet Red Ale
- Southbound Joker & The Thief | Passion Fruit IPA
- Left Nut Exotique | Belgian-style Golden Ale with candied ginger and apricots
- Red Brick Homestand | Dry Hopped Pilsner
- Riverwatch Route 104 | Pale Ale
- Riverwatch Scenic Overlook | Blonde Ale
- Riverwatch Three Under Par | Belgian-style Tripel
- SweetWater Woodlands 21st Anniversary | Oud Bruin aged in American oak foeders with cherries
- *Terrapin Beyond the Galaxy | Single Hop IPA
Non-Local Craft Beer Releases
- Evil Twin Breaking the Waves | Double Dry Hopped DIPA with lactose
- Evil Twin / Westbrook Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Mexican Biscotti Cake Break | Imperial Stout with a lot of other stuff, apparently.
- Põhjala Oö | Baltic Porter
- Stillwater Whipped | Nitro Imperial Chocolate Milk Stout
- Westbrook 7th | Imperial Stout with chocolate and sea salt
- Westbrook Rinse And Repeat Simcoe Amarillo | NE IPA