Vote for the Best of Georgia Beer 2017 | Final Round
Nominations are in, cast your votes for the Best of Georgia Beer
2017 was an amazing year for Georgia beer. We had several new breweries and brewpubs open and with the changing laws, we’ve seen more small batch and brewery exclusive beer releases. Many great breweries from outside of the state have also begun (or resumed) distribution in Georgia. It’s a great time to be a craft beer nerd in the Peach State.
Styles were selected for the categories to represent the most popular craft beer styles. There are a lot of great beers that don’t fall into these categories, we have an additional category for those. We feel this method highlights the best of the most popular beers, and keeps the survey at a manageable size.
Some notes on the final voting selections:
- The candidates in each category are purely from reader nominations. For more details, please see this post.
- We intended to have the Top 10 nominations in each category move to a final vote. In many categories, there were a handful of nominees that received several votes and a variety of others that received just a few votes. To move on, a nominee had to receive at least 2 votes, the end result is that many categories had a multi-way tie and therefore have fewer or more options in the final round.
- Some of you can’t spell to save your life, or you were drunk when you submitted your nominees. Probably both. We did our best to decipher your hieroglyphics.
- A couple of you should be ashamed of using that kind of language on a survey.
Rules and important dates
- You may vote only once. You will be required to log in to a Google account to vote. We do everything we can to minimize vote manipulation and if it’s obvious that it’s happening we’ll toss that sucker out.
- Eligibility dates: For any category specific to a 2017 release or opening date the eligibility dates are December 14, 2016 through December 1, 2017.
- Nomination round: December 4-15, 2017
- Final voting round: December 18-27, 2017
- Winners announced: On Facebook Live video at facebook.com/beerguysradio at 6:00 PM on December 28, 2017; on the Beer Guys Radio Show and podcast on December 30, 2017 at 1:00 PM Eastern; on beerguysradio.com on January 1, 2018 at 10:00 AM Eastern.
- Contract beers brewed outside of Georgia are not eligible.