Best of Georgia Beer 2017 – Nominations
Nominate your favorite beers and breweries for the Best of Georgia Beer 2017
The nomination round is over! Final Round voting is on! GO HERE to cast your votes!
2017 was an amazing year for Georgia beer. We had several new breweries and brewpubs open and with the changing laws, we’ve seen more small batch and brewery exclusive beer releases. Many great breweries from outside of the state have also begun (or resumed) distribution in Georgia. It’s a great time to be a craft beer nerd in the Peach State.
With the explosive growth here it’s difficult to capture everything that’s going on. For last year’s awards, we chose the contenders based on online reviews and general hype from the craft beer community. Unfortunately, this resulted in a few great beers not making the list. We knew this was a possibility, so we did include a write-in option, but that had its flaws as well. This year, prior to final voting, we’re holding a nomination round. The Top 10 from each category will go on to a final vote and winners will be announced live on Beer Guys Radio and posted here on the website.
Styles were selected for the categories to represent the most popular craft beer styles. There are a lot of great beers that don’t fall into these categories, we have an additional category for those. We feel this method highlights the best of the most popular beers, and keeps the survey at a manageable size.
BREWERS! We encourage you to offer up your own nominations and share this with your fans and followers.
Rules and important dates
- You may vote only once. You will be required to login to a Google account to vote. We do everything we can to minimize vote manipulation and if it’s obvious that it’s happening we’ll toss that sucker out.
- Eligibility dates: For any category specific to a 2017 release or opening date the eligibility dates are December 14, 2016 through December 1, 2017.
- Nomination round: December 4-15, 2017
- Final voting round: December 19-27, 2017
- Winners announced: On Facebook Live video at facebook.com/beerguysradio at 6:00 PM on December 28, 2017; on the Beer Guys Radio Show and podcast on December 30, 2017 at 1:00 PM Eastern; on beerguysradio.com on January 1, 2018 at 10:00 AM Eastern.
- Contract beers brewed outside of Georgia are not eligible.