This Week in Georgia Beer | Dec. 1-7, 2017
This Week on Beer Guys Radio
INTERSTELLAR GINGER BEER AND EXPLORATION CO. joins us to talk about their brewery. Alcoholic ginger beer kind of rides that line between beer and hard soda. It’s popular as a mixer and getting more popular as a stand alone craft beverage. We’re going to chat with Interstellar about brewing ginger beer, where the trend is going, and… glowing beer???
WE’RE TALKING COLD WEATHER BEERS AND SUSTAINABLE BREWING. We hear there’s a cold front coming our way so hopefully we’ll have seasonal weather to talk about some big and warming beers. We’ll also have FishScales from Nappy Roots and his business partner Chef Lara Holland to talk about their company, Healthy Bark. They’re making dog treats from spent grain and Chef Lara will share some other info on sustainable brewing practices.
LISTEN TO BEER GUYS RADIO every Saturday in Atlanta at 1:00 PM Eastern on AM 920 or Sunday at 6:00 AM on Biz 1190. If you’re in Alabama you can catch the show live at 1:00 PM Central on 92.9 FM / 1450 AM in Huntsville or 94.7 FM / 1490 AM in Decatur We’re also streaming live on our website, iHeartRadio, Spotify, or TuneIn. Can’t catch the live show? That’s cool, we’ve got you covered. All past shows are available on-demand on our site or your favorite podcasting app.
GEORGIA CRAFT BEER EVENTS
Check out our Beer Events Calendar for a full list of what’s happening across Georgia and Alabama.
Friday | December 1st
- Holiday Morning – Sea Otter Stout release event | 4:00 – 10:00 PM | Red Brick Brewing (Atlanta)
- Founders CBS Release Day | 4:00 – 10:00 PM | Hop City KSM (Atlanta)
- Founder’s CBS Bottle Release | 5:00 – 10:00 PM | Hop City Westside (Atlanta)
- Scout The Storyteller (Can Launch) | 5:00 – 10:00 PM | Reformation Brewery (Woodstock)
- The Stout Brothers/Founders Anniversary (CBS) | 5:00 – 10:00 PM | Smyrna Beer Market (Smyrna)
- Meet the Brewer – Allagash | 6:00 – 8:00 PM | Brick Store Pub (Decatur) – With Rob Tod!
Saturday | December 2nd
- SEC Championship Viewing Party | 10:00 AM – Midnight | STATS Brewpub (Atlanta)
- Strong Beer Festival 2017 | 12:00 – 4:00 PM | Wrecking Bar Brewpub (Atlanta)
- Shadow Puppet Show with 5-piece Tango Band | 7:00 – 9:00 PM | Creature Comforts (Athens)
Tuesday | December 5th
- 21st Amendment Party | 5:00 – 10:00 PM | Hop Alley Brewpub (Alpharetta)
- Drink Local. Give Local. | 6:00 – 9:00 PM | The Nest (Kennesaw)
- Repeal of Prohibition Day Party | 6:00 – 11:00 PM | Akedemia Brewing (Athens)
- Cinco de Siberius | 7:00 PM | Wrecking Bar Brewpub (Atlanta) – May not happen due to Strong Beer Fest, check with venue.
Wednesday | December 6th
- One-Off Wednesday | 5:00 – 8:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
- Tacos & Trivia | 5:00 – 9:00 PM | Reformation (Woodstock)
- Team Trivia | 8:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Thursday | December 7th
- Journey Without Maps DIPA Release | 4:00 – 9:00 PM | Red Brick Brewing (Atlanta)
- Local Pint Night | 4:00 PM | Craft Public House (Athens)
Friday is the official Grand Opening of YourPie Grant Park and the the first bottle release from Printer’s Ale (Artifact BBA Imperial Stout), plus Creature Comforts holiday parties at Smyrna Beer Market and The Marlay House. On Saturday check out the advanced homebrewing class at Hop City Westside, the holiday art market at Eventide, or holiday craft market at Burnt Hickory and Rick & Morty fans can catch the Rickmobile at Southern Brewing Co. Sunday brings you the Indie South holiday market at Monday Night Garage and Beer and Blooms at SweetWater.
Beers marked with a * are from breweries owned by AB Inbev, MillerCoors, or other “Big Beer” corporations.
Georgia Craft Beer
- Arches Four Fiddlers | Belgian Quad aged in ASW Fiddler Bourbon barrels
- Red Brick / Georgia Aquarium Sea Otter Stout | Roasty American Stout
- Reformation Scout “The Storyteller” | Foreign Export Stout with ginger, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg
- Variant Johnny Cashmere | NE IPA with passion fruit and guava
- Variant VA III | Saison with tart cherries
- Monday Night Whirling Dervish | Coffee Stout
- Ocmulgee Bourbafett | Bourbon barrel-aged Imperial Stout
- Ocmulgee Slush Storm | Winter Ale with cinnamon, ginger, and honey
Non-Local Craft Beer Releases
- Against the Grain Bo & Luke | Bourbon barrel-aged smoked Imperial Stout
- Against the Grain Something Special | Bourbon barrel-aged Rye Barleywine
- Anchor Christmas Ale | Winter Warmer
- Bruery 10 Lords-A-Leaping | Imperial Dark Spiced Wit
- Bruery Bouffon | Oak-aged Sour Wit with spices
- Bruery Share This Mint Chip | Imperial Stout with mint and cacao nibs
- Bruery Terreux Frucht Cranberry Orange | Oak-aged Berliner with cranberry and orange
- Bruery Terreux Frucht Peach | Oak-aged Berliner with peach
- Catawba Brown Bear | Brown Ale
- Catawba Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout | Pretty sure it’s a PBC stout.
- *Founder’s CBS | Imperial Stout aged in maple syrup Bourbon barrels
- Lost Abbey Ghosts in the Forrest | Wild Ale aged in oak foeders
- Lost Abbey Gnoel De Abbey | Holiday Belgian Brown Ale
- New Belgium Single Foeder Oscar #65 | Dark Sour Ale aged in first use white oak foeder
- Port Nelson The Greeter | West Coast IPA
- Port Santa’s Little Helper | Imperial Stout
- Stone Enjoy By 12.25.17 | Unfiltered IPA