Beer Distribution with Modern Hops
Phillip Barnes and Eric Levin were beer traders at first.
One day, they realized that the distribution system in Georgia was broken, and worked to find a better way to do it.
That idea is now Modern Hops. We talk to Philip, Eric and Michael Lowenberg about the craft beer scene in Georgia, what they are doing to change it, and what’s been different since SB85.
We also get a chance to talk to Jekyll Brewing’s Josh Rachel about Southern Juicy Juice, and Field Hoperative Brian Hewitt reviews a revival of an old school cigar.
Truck and Tap’s Beers of the Week:
- Not only did Modern hops bring a metric ton of beer from Dry County, Cherry Street, D9 and Blue Pants, we also had some….
- Allagash Little Sal
- Allagash Farm To Face
- Rising Tide Nikita
- Boothbay Brewing Thirsty Botanist
- Jekyll Southern Juicy Juice
- Gordon Biersch Downtown to close after 18 years (Buckhead spot to remain open)
- Pontoon Brewing gets license, will start brewing in Sandy Springs
- City of Atlanta looking to add license fees to $5k per license
- Will the last remaining exec at Stone Brewing turn out the lights?
- Citing regulatory and legislative issues, Flying Dog abandons plan for a farm brewery project
Coming up next week, we’re talking Ciders! Treehorn pays us a visit. Don’t forget to subscribe, and DRINK LOCAL. Cheers!