Georgia Beer Laws with Senator Hunter Hill
Georgia Senator Hunter Hill joined us on the show this week.
He was instrumental in passing SB 63 – which led to this year’s passage of SB 85. We talk small business, sensible laws, and why he’s running for governor.
We also talk to Chris Morley, owner of Mason’s Brewing Company in Brewer, Maine. He got an interesting letter from ABInbev’s legal department.
Truck and Tap’s Beers of the Week:
- Foolproof Shuckolate
- Wild Heaven Mavis
- Mason’s Hipster Apocalypse DIPA (see news below)
- Sole Ales Koji-Mon
- Your Pie Grant Park gearing up for November opening. (Their FB page has a link to a post with more info.)
- Akademia Brewpub opens in Athens
- Good People purchases Avondale Brewing
- Cherry Street opening second location in Alpharetta
- Russian River Raises Money for California Wildfire Victims with Pliny the Younger Contest (CraftBeer.com, 10/13)
- 10 Barrel sends C&D to small Maine Brewery. Small Maine brewery fights back.
Coming up next week, we’re talking to Modern Hops, a small distributor bringing in some great beers to Georgia. And Aaron recaps his trip to Maine. Check us out on the socials, and don’t forget to DRINK LOCAL!