This Week in Georgia Beer | Oct. 20-26, 2017
This Week on Beer Guys Radio
We’re talking with Georgia Senator and gubernatorial candidate Hunter Hill. Senator Hill was instrumental in the passage of SB63 in 2015, which opened the door for SB85’s passage this year. We talk about our current laws, what recent changes mean for Georgia beer, and what still needs to change to make the business climate more welcoming to brewers.
Next week we’re talking with Modern Hops. As laws change and breweries continue to open many want a choice outside of the Big Beer distributors to partner with. Modern Hops is one of Georgia’s small, independent distributors and they’ll join us to talk about what that means for a brewer.
Listen to Beer Guys Radio every Saturday in Atlanta at 1:00 PM Eastern on AM 920 or Sunday at 6:00 AM on Biz 1190. If you’re in Alabama you can catch the show live at 1:00 PM Central on 92.9 FM / 1450 AM in Huntsville or 94.7 FM / 1490 AM in Decatur We’re also streaming live on our website, iHeartRadio, or TuneIn. Can’t catch the live show? That’s cool, we’ve got you covered. All past shows are available on-demand on our site or your favorite podcasting app.
GEORGIA CRAFT BEER EVENTS
Check out our Beer Events Calendar for a full list of what’s happening across Georgia and Alabama.
Friday | October 20th
- Explore GA Beer: Arches Brewing | 5:00 – 9:00 PM | Arches Brewing (Hapeville) | Girls Pint Out event
Saturday | October 21st
- Decatur Craft Beer Festival | 12:00 – 5:00 PM | Decatur Square (Decatur)
- Hop Harvest 2017 | 1:00 – 9:00 PM | Terrapin Beer Co. (Athens)
- Sweetland Craft Beer & Music Festival | 4:00 – 9:00 PM | Sweetland Amphitheatre at Boyd Park (LaGrange)
- Beer and Brats with Bratplatz | 6:00 – 8:30 PM | Jekyll Brewing (Alpharetta)
Monday | October 23rd
- Beer: Where Science, Economy and Culture Collide | 6:00 – 8:00 PM | The Circuit (Woodstock)
Beer Guy Tim will be speaking at this event on the Culture of Craft Beer.
Tuesday | October 24th
- Wetten Imports at Hop Alley Beer Dinner | 7:30 – 10:30 PM | Hop Alley Brewpub (Alpharetta)
Wednesday | October 25th
- One-Off Wednesday | 5:00 – 8:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
- Tacos & Trivia | 5:00 – 9:00 PM | Reformation (Woodstock)
- Creature Comforts Beer Dinner | 7:00 – 10:00 PM | Serpas True Food (Atlanta)
- Team Trivia | 8:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Thursday | October 26th
- Local Pint Night | 4:00 PM | Craft Public House (Athens)
- Star Power Happy Hour, benefiting Girls on the Run | 6:00 – 8:00 PM | Three Taverns (Decatur)
- Brewer’s Lecture Series: Mitch Steele | 6:30 – 7:30 PM | Hop City Westside (Atlanta)
- Stay GOLD Can Release Party | 7:00 PM – 3:00 AM | The Sound Table (Atlanta)
Next Friday Stay GOLD and Creature Comforts can release for their Run the Jewels collaboration, on Saturday get spooky with Halloween parties at Burnt Hickory, Dry County, The Viking Alchemist, Lincoln Fill Station, Wild Leap, and The Royal Rumpus in Athens. On Sunday chill out at the Euro Car Meet at Dry County or get some beer and brats at Jekyll.
Beers marked with a * are from breweries owned by AB Inbev, MillerCoors, or other “Big Beer” corporations.
Georgia Craft Beer
- Burnt Hickory Die Kreuzen | Imperial Pumpkin Porter
- Creature Comforts / Run the Jewels / Interboro Stay GOLD | IPA
- Jekyll Southern Juicy Juice | Juicy IPA (Releasing at the brewery 10/24)
- Second Self Saison Champenoise bottles | Saison brewed with champagne yeast
- Three Taverns Hoplicity | IPA
- Three Taverns Total BS bottles | Brett Saison (Brewed for Brick Store Pub’s 20th Anniversary)
- SweetWater Dank Tank BSP Quad | Belgian Quad
- SweetWater Hatchery NE Style India Pale Ale | NE Style IPA
Non-Local Craft Beer Releases
- Alesmith Orange X | Extra Pale Ale
- Alpine Truck Trail | American Pale Ale
- Burial Skullsaw | Sweet Potato Porter
- Burial / Blackberry Farm Jealousy & Murder | Mixed Culture Saison
- Burial / Holy Mountian Zodiacal Light | Mixed Culture Saison
- Burial / Creature Comforts Festbier Lager | Festbier
- *Lagunitas Brown Shugga | Strong Ale
- *Lagunitas Sucks | DIPA
- Ommegang / Game of Thrones Winter is Coming | Double White Ale
WHAT’S IN OUR GLASS