Riding Down the Chattabrewchee
Chattabrewchee Southern Brewhouse is making history.
- It’s West Point (Georgia)’s first brewery
- It’s the first brewery in the state to have self-serve taps
- It’s the first brewery in the country to have a female, active duty military owner.
We talked to co-owner Mike Denehy and brewmaster Barry Stevens this week. With a grand opening, some delays from Irma, it’s been an eventful first month of operation. But now they are stepping up production, ready to go and are dedicated on becoming a must-visit location for beer lovers.
Truck and Tap‘s Beers of the Week:
- Chattabrewchee brews, including:
- 85 South Red Ale
- Backwater Blonde
- Crow Hop IPA
- Bridge Builder Brown Ale
- Pumpkin Oktoberfest
- SweetWater Brewing‘s Fresh Sticky Nugs
- Brew Hub Keybilly
- Concrete Jungle LA Calling
Headlines (Sponsored By Your Pie Perimeter):
- GABF is this week and Macro-owned craft brewers not allowed to be sponsors this year.
- What’s the best MLB ballpark for craft beer? One guy crunches numbers from 130k social media reviews. Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati #1. Sun Trust is 25th.
- Terrapin is one of 4 breweries (Schmaltz, Renegade and 8th Wonder) to collaborate on 2017 Reunion Ale. Proceeds go to Hurricane Harvey relief.
- Craft beer reigns in California, Oregon and Colorado. The South has some catching up to do.
Coming up next week, we talk Second Self and craft beer cocktails with Jason Santamaria. Have a great week, and don’t forget to DRINK LOCAL!