Prost! It’s Time for Oktoberfest
For the Beer Guys, every season is beer drinking season.
But Oktoberfest is another level entirely.
Plates of sausages and spaetzle, liters of lager…it’s a great celebration to mark fall.
Atlanta’s Der Biergarten is the closest you can get to Munich. With an authentic experience, traditional German fare and a great German beer list, it’s the home of Bayern Munich soccer fans, so there you go.
We talked to Jeff Sime, Director of Operations and Matt Yuhasz, Executive General Manager of Legacy Ventures. They own not only Der Biergarten, but also Max’s Coal Oven Pizzeria, Twin Smokers BBQ and STATS. All four restaurants are located in the Atlanta “Tourist Triangle,” so they can get quite busy.
Truck and Tap’s Beers of the Week:
- Spaten Oktoberfest
- Wild Heaven Kalisto IPA
- Wild Heaven Mavis
- Oconee Brewing Kolsch
- Creature Comforts Duende
Headlines – Brought to you by Your Pie Perimeter!
- Beer Guys appear on Nappy Roots Podcast.
- Marietta Open Container law rejected by the city.
- Mobile, AL Craft Beer update: Serda, Haint Blue, Iron Hand
- The next big thing in craft beer? Be a small taproom.
- Wanna get paid to drink beer? Well, you’ll have to move to London.
- Best airports for craft beer? Savannah, Tampa, Orlando for starters.
- Irma beer collaboration
Coming up next week, we’re talking to Chattabrewchee!