This Week in Georgia Beer… FREEDOM! | Sept. 1-7, 2017
This Week on Beer Guys Radio
THIS WEEK… DIRECT SALES COME TO GEORGIA! What a time to be alive. Finally, direct sales are coming to Georgia’s breweries starting Sept. 1st. Nancy Palmer, Executive Director of the Georgia Craft Brewers Guild and Taylor Harper of Taylor, Feil, Harper, Lumsden & Hess, aka “The Georgia Craft Beer Lawyer” joined us in the studio to talk about the fight to get to this point and what’s in store for the future.
Next week we’re talking to From the Earth Brewing! Soon to be one of Georgia’s newest brewpubs, From the Earth is finishing their build out in Roswell. Founder Tim Stevens will join us to talk about the process so far and what to expect when the taps start flowing.
Listen to Beer Guys Radio every Saturday in Atlanta at 1:00 PM Eastern on AM 920 or Sunday at 6:00 AM on Biz 1190. If you’re in Alabama you can catch the show live at 1:00 PM Central on 92.9 FM / 1450 AM in Huntsville or 94.7 FM / 1490 AM in Decatur We’re also streaming live on our website, iHeartRadio, or TuneIn. Can’t catch the live show? That’s cool, we’ve got you covered. All past shows are available on-demand on our site or your favorite podcasting app.
GEORGIA BEER EVENTS
Check out our Beer Events Calendar for a full list of what’s happening across Georgia and Alabama.
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2017!
GEORGIA BEER INDEPENDENCE DAY!
- Barrel Aged BrewHAHAHA | 12:00 PM | Cherry Street (Cumming) | Through 09/03
- Buy Beer, Not Tours | 11:00 AM | Gate City (Roswell) | Through 09/04
- Summits Snellville – 24th Anniversary | 11:00 AM | Summit’s (Snellville) | Through 09/14
- FREE* BEER Weekend at Reformation Brewery | 12:00 PM | Reformation Brewery (Woodstock) | Through 09/03
- SRBC’s Re-Grand Opening : No Tour Required! | 4:00 PM | Savannah River Brewing Co. (Augusta) | Through 09/03
- Pints a GOGO! and the Bearded Chef BBQ | 5:00 PM | Naughty Soda / Ironmonger (Marietta) | Through 09/02
- Celebrate The New Era of Craft Brewing! | 12:00 – 10:00 PM | Left Nut Brewing (Gainesville)
- New Hours, New Tours, New Experience! | 4;20 PM | SweetWater (Atlanta)
- First Pint Pour | 3:30 PM | Macon Beer Co. (Macon)
- Better Later Than Never Party | 4:00 – 7:00 PM | Jekyll Brewing (Alpharetta)
- End of Prohibition Party | 4:00 – 8:00 PM | Arches Brewing (Hapeville)
- First Pint Pour | 4:00 PM | Riverwatch Brewery (Augusta)
- GA Beer Independence Celebration | 4:00 – 10:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
- Late > Never (AKA Georgia Beer Independence Day) | 4:00 – 11:00 PM | Wild Heaven (Decatur)
- Tap Room Liberation | 5:30 – 10:00 PM | Jailhouse Brewing (Hampton)
- Georgia Beer Freedom Celebration Tour | 7:15 – 11:00 PM | Meet at Torched Hop (Atlanta)
Saturday | September 2nd
- Chattabrewchee Grand Opening | 12:00 – 6:00 PM | Chattabrewchee Southern Brewhouse (West Point)
- 2017 Savannah Craft Brew Fest | 2:00 – 6:00 PM | 1 International Drive (Savanna)
Sunday | September 3rd
- Sunday Funday | 12:30 – 10:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Wednesday | September 6th
- One-Off Wednesday | 5:00 – 8:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
- Tacos & Trivia | 5:00 – 9:00 PM | Reformation (Woodstock)
- Team Trivia | 8:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
If you’re still standing after this awesome week then next weekend has some great events as well. Catch some live music at Creature Comforts, check out Old Fourth Ward beer fest, take the a brewery tour with Beer From Here, usher in the new season with Terrapin’s Fall Fest, or catch the UGA game at Southern Brewing Co.
Beers marked with a * are from breweries owned by AB Inbev, MillerCoors, or other “Big Beer” corporations.
Georgia Craft Beer
- Creature Comforts Paradiso P+G | Berliner Weisse with passion fruit and guava
- Gate City 20 Grand cans | Cream Ale
- Three Taverns German Chocolate Helm’s Deep | Sherry barrel-aged coffee and coconut Imperial Stout
- Three Taverns Inceptus Blueberry | Georgia Wild Ale with blueberries
- Three Taverns Enchantress | Cranberry Sauce Sour Ale (formerly Sour Asylum Cranberry Sauced)
- Burnt Hickory Charred Walls of the Damned | Bourbon barrel-aged Quad (Releases 09/09)
- Burnt Hickory Die Kreuzen cans | Imperial Pumpkin Porter (Releases 10/14)
- Burnt Hickory Drivin N Cryin cans | IPA (Releases 09/29-09/30)
- Orpheus Dichotomy | Dry-hopped Pale Ale
- SweetWater Hatchery #5 | Chocolate Milk Stout
- SweetWater Sinner’s Son | Bourbon barrel-aged Imperial Stout with coffee
- *Terrapin Hammer 58 | Pale Ale (Releases around 09/17)
Non-Local Craft Beer Releases
- Ayinger Oktoberfest | Marzen
- Evil Twin Unstouttd | Smoked Imperial Stout
- Hourglass Augustus | Barrel fermented Wild Ale with chocolate
- Hourglass Lost Creek Saison | Mixed fermentation saison with manzanita berries ferment on manzanita wood and flowers in oak foeders
- Hourglass Violet | Barrel fermented blueberry Sour Ale
- Hourglass Wedding Saison | Mixed fermentation Farmhouse Ale with kumquats
- Mikkeller Beer Geek Vanilla Maple Shake | Imperial Stout with coffee, vanilla, and maple syrup
- New Holland Baltic Anomaly | Honey Porter
- Rogue Rolling Thunder | Imperial Stout
- Shmaltz Star Trek Klingon | Imperial Porter
- Shmaltz Star Trek Symbiosis | Pale Ale