This Week in Georgia Beer | July 28 – August 3, 2017
This Week on Beer Guys Radio
We’re talking Beer for Wine Drinkers! Many wine drinkers say, “I don’t like beer,” but we’re confident there’s a beer out there for everyone. We’ll have Monday Night’s Head Brewer (and former Winemaker) Peter Kiley as well as Sommelier Daniel Pernice to offer some suggestions of beer than wine drinkers might enjoy, the similarities and differences in wine and beer, and the “wineification” of craft beer.
Next week we’re talking Homebrewing! By popular demand we’re having another homebrewing show with special guests Andrew Copper and Michael Röthlisberger. We’ll chat with them about their favorite styles and get their tips on brewing the perfect batch.
Listen to Beer Guys Radio every Saturday in Atlanta at 1:00 PM Eastern on AM 920 or Sunday at 6:00 AM on Biz 1190. If you’re in Alabama you can catch the show live at 1:00 PM Central on 92.9 FM / 1450 AM in Huntsville or 94.7 FM / 1490 AM in Decatur We’re also streaming live on our website, iHeartRadio, or TuneIn. Can’t catch the live show? That’s cool, we’ve got you covered. All past shows are available on-demand on our site or your favorite podcasting app.
GEORGIA BEER EVENTS
Check out our Beer Events Calendar for a full list of what’s happening across Georgia and Alabama.
Friday | July 28th
- Austin Ulich Benefit Tour | 5:00 – 10:00 PM | Creature Comforts (Athens)
Saturday | July 29th
- Atlanta Breweriana Collectibles Show | 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM | Greater Good BBQ (Tucker)
- Dirt Church at Second Self Beer Company | 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM | Second Self (Atlanta)
- Taste of the Bahamas Seafood Fest | 12:00 – 7:00 PM | Truck & Tap (Woodstock)
- Atlanta United vs Orlando Tailgate and March | 1:00 – 4:00 PM | 674 Spring St. NW (Atlanta)
- 210 day and Coconut Hefewiezen | 2:00 – 10:00 PM | Ironmonger Brewing (Marietta)
- Wild Leap Pitchers and Pint Night | 4:00 – 9:00 PM | Cerrone’s (Columbus)
- Christmas in July | 5:00 – 11:00 PM | The Lincoln Fill Station (Snellville)
- Hogwarts Alumni – Quest for The House Cup | 5:30 – 9:00 PM | Reformation Brewery (Woodstock)
- Foreigner VIB Very Important Beer Meet & Greet | 6:00 – 7:30 PM | Chastain Park Amphitheatre (Atlanta)
- Beyond the Zero #4: Simulcast | 8:00 – 11:00 PM | Orpheus (Atlanta)
Sunday | July 30th
- Sunday Funday | 12:30 – 10:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
- TIKI Tour | 1:00 – 6:00 PM | Creature Comforts (Athens)
- Southern Pig Roast! | 6:30 – 9:30 PM | Wild Heaven (Decatur)
Monday | July 31st
Wednesday | August 2nd
- One-Off Wednesday | 5:00 – 8:00 PM | Red Brick (Atlanta)
- Team Trivia | 8:00 PM | Your Pie Perimeter (Atlanta)
Thursday | August 3rd
- Local Pint Night | 4:00 PM | Craft Public House (Athens)
- IPA Day 2017 4:20 – 7:30 PM | SweetWater Brewing (Atlanta)
- Founders Beer Dinner | 6:30 – 10:00 PM | Local Republic (Lawrenceville)
- Beer Tasting with Creature Comforts Rare Brews | 7:00 – 8:30 PM | Muss & Turner’s (Smyrna) | SOLD OUT!
Next weekend grab the latest release from SweetWater The Woodlands – Belgian Rose, party at Watermelonpalooza at 5 Seasons Westside, celebrate Mead Day at The Viking Alchemist, or get spicy with Cinco de Siberius at Wrecking Bar.
Beers marked with a * are from breweries owned by AB Inbev, MillerCoors, or other “Big Beer” corporations.
Georgia Craft Beer
- Red Hare Bless Her Tart | Strawberry Berliner
- Three Taverns Hop Leaf Project: Crave | Hazy DIPA
- Dry County Juice County | Hazy double dry-hopped IPA
- Orpheus Ascending | IPA (Year Round)
- Phantom Horse Gose Down Easy | Spiced Ale
- Red Brick Hype Whale | Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels
- Red Brick Vanilla Gorilla | Imperial Porter with Vanilla
Non-Local Craft Beer Releases
- 21st Amendment Watermelon Funk | Watermelon Sour
- *Boulevard Foeder Project #2 | Wood-aged Sour Ale
- De Proef / New Glarus Abtsolution | Belgian Quad
- Mother Earth Boo Koo | IPA
- Red Cypress Deep Roots | Hybrid Amber Ale
- Red Cypress Devil’s Chair | IPA
- Red Cypress Spook Hill | Pale Ale