Creature Comforts, Southern and Scofflaw at the Classic City Brewfest – Episode 68
They call it the Classic City, and it was time for a classic beer fest.
The 22nd Annual Classic City Brew Fest in Athens, that is.
Founder Owen Ogletree (of Brewtopia.info) invited us to broadcast from the Athens, Georgia-based fest, and who are we to turn that down? Especially with over 400 beers to sample and 30 casks. Since we were in Athens, we took advantage of the situation by talking to local brewers.
First on the list was an update from Creature Comforts CEO Chris Herron. We talked about the progress of their new facility, their Get Comfortable campaign, the release of Cosmik Debris and their return trip to Jester King.
Next, Brian Roth from Southern Brewing Company joined us with what’s new with them. We talked about their trip to Hunahpu’s Day in Tampa, their Southern Woodpile series, and how amphoras create a unique flavor to their sour beers.
Of course, before we got into it, Nathan Schieber from Scofflaw Brewing crashed the party as well, but we expect that from those guys 🙂
Truck and Tap‘s Beers of the week?
All of them. Seriously, there were so many to choose from at the fest, we couldn’t just highlight one of them!
Headlines (Sponsored by Your Pie Perimeter)
- Canadian craft brewers visit Georgia
- Americus has its first ever craft beer festival
- Burial Beer and Interboro Spirits team up for a Run the Jewels collaboration
- “Chopsecutioner” is the first Terrapin Brewhouse beer, aged on mizuno bats
- Horse drinks Good People Beer every day for his health. He likes IPAs.
Next week? We’ll be back in the studios talking to a brand new OTP brewpub, Hop Alley! Don’t forget to check out beerguysradio.com and follow us on the socials the rest of the week. Cheers!
- Are you looking into building your own brewery? CRL Contracting can help!
- Sign up for THIS WEEK IN GEORGIA BEER (in the right column) and get Tim’s great listing of all events and releases for the week…and be entered to win some awesome swag!
- This week’s Drink This Beer goes across the pond, talking to Wil Avery from Ireland’s Galway Bay Brewing.
- Thanks for listening and supporting the show! If you like what you’re hearing and seeing, consider becoming a patron! Details here.