TopGolf Midtown, SweetWater and Ale Sharpton – Episode 65
On a dark and stormy night, we headed out to TopGolf Midtown for the finals of their winter league.
As luck would have it, we were joined by Tucker Berta-Sarkisian and Brian “Diggs” Diggelmann from SweetWater Brewing, Gina Silva and Tyler Vigue from TopGolf, and the one and only Ale Sharpton, author of Cruisin’ for A Brewsin’!
Spring Beers were on the discussion list, and we talked about the change in season, and the transition from maltier, darker beers to hops and saisons.
Truck and Tap‘s Beers of the Week:
Lots of them. Ale shared some beers from his recent trip to Charlotte, including NoDa‘s Hop Cakes Double IPA. Plus, SweetWater’s Wookie Down Imperial Red Ale, its newest Dank Tank Release. And 420, Jekyll’s Hop Dang Diggity….and more!
Headlines (Sponsored by Your Pie Perimeter)
SB85 HAS PASSED! Finally, Georgia becomes the last state to allow direct sales for brewers and distillers in the state. What does that mean? Basically, we will no longer have to deal with the farce of buying a tour and getting free samples. Yes, that means that you can actually go to a brewery and order a pint of their beer. Amazing stuff on 2017. Looks like the rules will go into effect late summer or early fall of this year, so stay tuned.
One great announcement on the heels of this – Wild Heaven will open a second location on the Beltline.
Other news headlines:
- Phil Ferrell running for AHA Board of Governors
- Max Lager’s revives one of Georgia’s first craft beers: Helenboch lager from Friends Brewing Co.
- Tennessee’s Mill Creek Brewing Signs agreement to distro in Alabama
- Student on Spring Break caught with truckload of natty light
- Michelin star brewery the future for craft beer?
- Stone makes beer out of sewage water
- Paul Ryan ties have some people boycotting Ballast Point
Next week, we’re continuing this road trip. We are headed to the Lincoln Fill Station in Snellville, checking out TinyPalooza 2.5. Cheers!