Episode 63 – The Porter Beer Bar
When it comes to brewpubs and beer bars, the Atlanta metro area has some great ones.
The Porter Beer Bar in Little Five Points is one of the best. Opened in 2008, The Porter features an amazing list of draft and bottled beers and a creative and delicious dining menu. Voted best beer bar in Georgia and the US many times over, it should be on every craft beer lovers destination list.
We joined owners Nick Rutherford and Molly Gunn today in their cozy beer cellar to chat about their iconic hotspot, the business of beer…and what exactly a Sankey cask is anyway!
Truck and Tap’s Beers of the Week:
Molly and Nick broke out some amazing beers for the show, including:
- Jester King’s La Vie En Rose, a farmhouse ale brewed with raspberries
- Blackberry Farm’s Fenceline farmhouse ale
Headlines – Brought to you by Your Pie Perimeter!
- SB 85 update: According to Nancy Palmer from the Georgia Craft Brewer’s Guild, the bill should come up for a vote in the House on Monday, March 13. From there, it may move quickly to the Governor’s desk to sign. Keep up with all of the SB 85 developments here.
- Georgia Brunch Bill is Dead.
- Catch 22, another great beer bar/restaurant is expanding into Helen. It will be their second location, alongside the original Athens spot.
- Monday Night Brewing is working on their new sour/barrel facility. And it finally has a name – The Garage. With dinosaurs.
- Armstrong State proving that science and beer do mix
Coming up next week, we’ll be on location, at TopGolf Alpharetta. It’s a Tuesday taping, so come on by and say hi! We’ll be talking to Jekyll and Reformation.
- Are you looking into building your own brewery? CRL Contracting can help!
- Sign up for THIS WEEK IN GEORGIA BEER (in the right column) and get Tim’s great listing of all events and releases for the week…and be entered to win some awesome swag!
- This week’s Drink This Beer is with the crew behind SweetWater Brewing’s The Woodlands Project. If you’re a sour/barrel aged fan, you’ll won’t want to miss this one. Get it wherever you get your podcasts!
- Thanks for listening and supporting the show! If you like what you’re hearing and seeing, consider becoming a patron! Details here.