Hopstix Brewpub – Episode 62
If you’re like us, you love Asian food, but hate the beer selection.
Andy Tan and Chris Collier aim to change that. They have just opened up Hopstix. The Chamblee restaurant combines Asian fusion cuisine (including sushi hot dogs and amazing ramen) along with craft beer brewed on site. We talk about Andy and Chris’ journeys through craft beer, their relationship with the Covert Hops homebrew club, and more!
Truck and Tap‘s Beers of the Week:
- Hopstix English Mild
- Terrapin Brewing Company “Lucille” Imperial Stout
Headlines – Brought to you by Your Pie Perimeter!
- Tim gives us an update on SB 85…not a lot of movement this week.
- Same goes for the Georgia Brunch Bill.
- ASW distillery and Monday night teamed up for a collaborative whiskey.
- Craft beer.com’s readers vote on best beer bar in each state. OTBX, Porter are the winners in Alabama and Georgia, respectively.
- Savannah River Brewing opens its doors, Augusta’s second brewery.
- Red Clay Brewing and Auburn team up to protect a rare snake
- Craft Brew Alliance sued because Kona isn’t brewed in Hawaii
Coming up next week, we’ll be on location, talking to the team behind one of the best beer bars in the country, The Porter! Thanks for listening, and we’ll talk to you next week.
- Are you looking into building your own brewery? CRL Contracting can help!
- Get your tickets for the Suwanee Beer Fest! March 18th. Use Promo Code BEERGUYSRADIO for special early bird pricing ($45) – offer ends March 11!
- Sign up for THIS WEEK IN GEORGIA BEER (in the right column) and get Tim’s great listing of all events and releases for the week…and be entered to win some awesome swag!
- This week’s Drink This Beer is with Rob Sama, owner of Chicago’s Baderbrau. Get it wherever you get your podcasts!
- Thanks for listening and supporting the show! If you like what you’re hearing and seeing, consider becoming a patron! Details here.