Ironmonger Brewing – Episode 60
We said hello to both a new…and an old friend from Ironmonger this week!
Marietta’s Ironmonger Brewing joined us in the studios today. Specifically, owner David Sheets. A newcomer to the show, we were excited to talk about Ironmonger. Originally a side project of Naughty Soda, Sheets was able to spin off Ironmonger to its own brand. And even though they share a facility with Naughty Soda, they are separate. Our old friend Barron Sluder recently came aboard as head brewer. And even though he hasn’t been able to finish his brews yet, the Ironmonger crew brought plenty of liquid.
Truck and Tap‘s Beers of the Week:
- We “pregamed” with Creature Comforts Athena Paradiso Berliner Weiss with tart cherry, raspberry and cranberry.
- Ironmonger brought too many beers to remember (which we are definitely not complaining about!), but they included:
- The Quench Pilsner
- Torch the Village IPA
- Forged Porter
- Barrel Aged Belgian
- Campfire Rye…and more!
Headlines (Brought to you by Your Pie Perimeter):
- Tim gives us an SB 85 update
- Beer to go a possibility at Huntsville’s Campus 805
- Stats in downtown Atlanta to become a brewpub
- A lawsuit filed against WalMart’s “craft beer” label seeks to define the meaning of craft beer
Coming up next week? With the warm weather approaching, we’re looking towards springtime and the Gulf coast. Big Beach Brewing from Gulf Shores, Alabama, joins us! Cheers, and don’t forget to DRINK LOCAL.
- Don’t forget to sign up for our Nuit Belge giveaway! We’ll draw the winners on Thursday. If you’re not the gambling type, click this link and buy tickets (Promo code BGR10 gets you $10 off!)
- Are you looking into building your own brewery? CRL Contracting can help!
- Sign up for THIS WEEK IN GEORGIA BEER (in the right column) and get Tim’s great listing of all events and releases for the week…and be entered to win some awesome swag!
- This week’s Drink This Beer is brand new with Rob Sama, owner of Chicago’s Baderbrau. Get it wherever you get your podcasts!
- Thanks for listening and supporting the show! If you like what you’re hearing and seeing, consider becoming a patron! Details here.