Project BGR Podcast | Connecting with craft beer’s most influential people
Introducing Project BGR!
We’re very excited to introduce you to our newest show, Project BGR! A bi-weekly craft beer podcast where we talk with the folks that make this hobby awesome.
Each episode of Project BGR will run around 30 minutes (usually less), making it a perfect listen during your commute or a quick workout – or just sitting around enjoying a beer. We’ll talk to a lot of brewers but we plan to speak with many people in the craft beer world, everyone has a story to share.
“Hey, isn’t that what Beer Guys Radio is about?” Yes, but Beer Guys Radio will continue to focus on craft beer in the Southeast. Right now we cover Alabama and Georgia, and we hope to expand our coverage next year. Our listeners let us know one of the things they liked the most about our show is that they get local information, we love that as well. However, we’ve also received a lot of feedback from folks that would like to hear from brewers (and others) outside of the Southeast, and that’s where Project BGR comes in.
For our launch we turn it up to 11, 11 episodes ready to go and we’ve talked to a lot of breweries that we know you love. Give us a listen and if you enjoy the show please subscribe and rate us. If you really like what we’re doing here please consider supporting us on Patreon. You can sponsor for as little as $1.00/month, so it won’t even cut into your beer budget. Our Patrons help us continue to produce our shows and you can get some cool Beer Guys Radio swag out of the deal, everybody wins.
Project BGR Launch Episodes
- Episode 1 | Michael Tonsmeire | The Mad Fermentationist, Modern Times, and author of American Sour Beers
- Episode 2 | Jeffrey Stuffings | Jester King
- Episode 3 | Jennifer Glanville | Samuel Adams / The Boston Beer Co.
- Episode 4 | James Murray and Ryan Glenn | Ballast Point
- Episode 5 | Jamil Zainasheff | Heretic Brewing and author of Brewing Classic Styles and Yeast: A Practical Guide to Beer Formulation
- Episode 6 | Ryan Dowdle, Ben Romano, and Jordan Cooper | Angry Chair
- Episode 7 | Tyler Nelson | Green Flash
- Episode 8 | Jesse Friedman and Phil Emerson | Almanac Beer Co.
- Episode 9 | Alex Wallash | The Rare Barrel
- Episode 10 | Jess Reiser | Burial Beer Co.
- Episode 11 | Ben Maseo | Prison City Brewing
It’s not all roses over here. If you’ve been following our teasers on Project BGR you know we pitched an interview with John Kimmich of The Alchemist. We did the interview, and it was awesome. However, our technology betrayed us and the files were corrupted. We hope to set up another interview with John in the future, but not right now as it would just be weird and awkward and we’d look like idiots.
More great shows coming soon
As mentioned, we’ll launch new episodes every two weeks. We’ve got interviews coming up with Goose Island, Karbach Brewing, Troegs, Funky Buddha, Cigar City, Good River Brewing, and a whole lot more. If you’d like to hear your favorite brewery on Project BGR please drop us a message and let us know, or feel free to call us on the Ale Line at 678-861-8ALE. Cheers!