Craft Beer 101 with Jason Dominy | Episode 31 | Beer Guys Radio
We’re talking Craft Beer 101 with Jason Dominy and Brad Hodnett.
We’re talking Craft Beer 101 with Jason Dominy and Brad Hodnett. Jason is local craft beer aficionado that loves to share the good word with others. Brad is, well, a lot like Jason. He’s a craft beer fan and a “connector of people”, always introducing others to new beers and new places. Brad’s also a contributor to Beer Guys Radio, check out his recent article on Cherry Street Brewing right herrrre. Jason has taken spreading the word of beer a step further and holds a Craft Beer 101 course to introduce people to new styles and expand their palates. He let’s others know that craft beer doesn’t have to be intimidating or pretentious – for the most part it’s neither of those things – and there’s a beer out there for practically everyone. If you, or someone you know, is interested in checking out one of his classes follow the Craft Beer 101 Facebook page for upcoming dates.
Next week we’re talking with Oconee Brewing. Coming soon to Greensboro on beautiful Lake Oconee. We’ll see what they’ve been up to and when we’ll see their beer in market.
Truck and Tap‘s Beers of the Week
Jason brought a Creature Comforts / Jester King Mutualism to share, Brad had some goodies from DuClaw and Wicked Weed, and Tim shared a Second Self Thai Wheat and a Burnt Hickory Didjits. All of the beers were great but we were surprised by Second Self’s Thai Wheat. I’ve had this beer in the past and always enjoyed it, but it seems Second Self has really dialed this one in. The beer is very crisp and the lemongrass and ginger really pop. If you haven’t tried it in a while you should revisit it.
Tim’s Whales of the week
- Orpheus Coffee Minotaur | A whiskey barrel-aged sour stout with coffee
- Bell’s Black Note | This whale was sighted after the show was taped, but it’s one we’re sure you want to know about. A super-limited release, this Bourbon barrel-aged stout will be elusive.
The Hot List
- Saturday Evening | Rescue Ship Release Party | Trim Tab Brewing Company, Birmingham | 7 pm
- Sunday | BTR/Singin’ River Beer Dinner | Below the Radar Brewhouse, Huntsville | 6 pm
- Friday | Jess Goggans Band | Cheaha Brewing Company, Anniston | 8 pm
From our headlines… Lost Abbey struggles with the release of Duck Duck Gooze, and beer geeks were not happy about their failed hunting trip.
What do you think? Did Lost Abbey do their best to facilitate a smooth release and demand simply exceeded their expectations, or do people have a right to be upset with the issues?
- Scofflaw Brewing launches in Georgia (Source: Scofflaw Facebook)
- US hop acreage grows 18.5 Percent (Source: Brewbound)
- Innis & Gunn to preserve beer in a time capsule for 100 years (Source: Brewbound)
- AB InBev / SABMiller merger could make US business weaker (Source: Forbes)
Enjoying the show? We’d love your support on Patreon. Pledges start at only $1.00/month, so it won’t even cut into your beer money.